Apply for Vacancies on Committees
The City is currently looking for residents who are interested in joining our Indian Wells team! We are recruiting for our Annual 2019 Committee Appointments, positions include on the Community Activities Committee, Palm Springs Regional Airport Commission, and Planning Commission.
SpecificTasks and Committee Objectives
Community Activities Committee:
- Recommends an annual calendar of events for community interaction among residents to the Council
- Assists in planning, organizing and attends scheduled community events
Palm Springs Regional Airport Commission:
- Advise the Palm Springs Council on various matters related to the airport including acquisition, development, financing and lease arrangements, present and future airport operations and budget
- Recommends the adoption, amendment or repeal of a General Plan, or any part thereof
- Recommends the adoption of specific plans for development projects
- Recommends on land use or zoning changes, conditional use permits and variances
- Approves major or temporary use permits, planned sign programs or amendments thereof
Appointments will be made at the May 16, 2019 City Council Meeting.
Click Here to download an application.
Your application is due no later than April 24, 2019 and can be mailed or submitted in person at City Hall, 44-950 Eldorado Drive, Indian Wells, CA 92210. Application can also be emailed to the City Clerk's Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Meeting Times:
- Community Activities Committee meets on the second Thursday of each month at 3:00 p.m.
- Palm Springs Airport Commission meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 8:00 a.m.
- Planning Commission meets on the last Thursday of each month at 1:30 p.m.